Sunday, October 21, 2007

Redface is Not Acceptable


Deadspin brought up the question only to dance away from it, while King Kaufman addressed it correctly: Why was this considered acceptable by Jacobs field security and the major media outlets who distributed this image without comment? Why are racial caricatures of Native Americans continually being used as front images for high-profile, multi-million dollar sports organizations? It should probably be noted that the roster of their opponent that night, the Boston Red Sox, includes a rookie who will probably end up as the greatest Native-American baseball player of all time. It's very saddening to see such inconsistent sensitivity in this country (and I mean that un-ironically). Our own letter to Dan Snyder and Roger Goodell regarding the slurry-ass name of their Washington D.C. franchise went unanswered. It's well-past time for high-profile civil rights activists and politicians to force sports teams hands; when will these teams names reflect the social normalities of the public at large?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats off to you send, choice look progressive in the direction of more related articles promptly as its anecdote of my favourite issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.